Monday, October 29, 2007
Back in May Christian told me he wanted a Green Dragon Cake for his birthday. See for the past two years I have been experimenting in the whole cake decorating thing... and I think I do okay if I don't say so myself. So when he said Green Dragon I figured I would try, I found a picture of a really cute cake and was really excited. But then the Transformer movie came out and that was the end of The Green Dragon. He wanted a Transformer cake. So I did my best ...
Then when I was all done with the cake he said, "Okay now make a megatron cake."
Maybe next year.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
1. I have a habit of playing with the corner of my pillow before I go to bed.. Been doing it since I was a baby.
2. Hey Heather I do the same thing.. Straighten my hair on Friday or Saturday and let it go for 3 to 4 days.. Then it goes back to having a mind of it's own.
3. I have unusually large feet for how short I am.... Size 9.5 in normal shoes but 10 in all the cute ones and I'm only 5'3.
4.I have what is called Myoclonic Jerks in lament's terms my leg twitches right before I fall asleep or if I'm tired.
5. I workout 5 days a week sometimes twice when I teach and I sweat like a man... Gross!
6. I'm a sucker for Teen Drama books like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.. all four of them!
I tag: Ashleigh, Chanel, Jamie (aw.. this sucks I just realized I don't really have six people I can tag.. Chanel you'll have to make up the three for me)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
A few weekends ago we did a girls night and took a cooking class. It was really fun to cook,eat, laugh and eat... We took the Italian class where we made Spicy Eggplant appetizers, Braised Brussel Sprouts, Pink Pasta, Four different Fettucine alfredo variations and Apricot and Chocolate Biscotti..
We went to Riley's Farms this past weekend. The kids had a fun time picking apples and making their very own apple cider. We started off at the store where the kids each picked out a few things to get. Of course they went straight for the candy, but also got harmonicas. After we finished up at the store we went to the cider press so the kids could make the apple cider. Alina kept yelling, "No daddy, it's not your turn!" at Jesse. But she couldn't turn the press by herself, so she had no choice. We planned on taking a hay ride up to the orchards to pick apples, but it ran out of gas... not your typical hayride apparently. So we drove up and parked right amongst the trees instead. It was a really good family day!