1:50:49:7

So I didn't get pictures of me during the swim (thank goodness)
or the Bike... but here I am coming in from the run waving at the kids. I'm not sure if I'm smiling or grimacing.
So I didn't get pictures of me during the swim (thank goodness)
or the Bike... but here I am coming in from the run waving at the kids. I'm not sure if I'm smiling or grimacing.
For those of you unaware last Saturday I competed in my first Sprint Triathlon.
I swam half a mile in brown murky water, I biked 14 miles of ROLLING HILLS and I ran 3.1 miles.
(Me, the kiddos and KC)
This event isn't for the weak at heart.
At one point during the bike, my chain locked and I had to get off my bike
and try to get it out, I nearly lost it but was saved by a nice gentlemen who got out of his car to help me. I missed my goal by 5 minutes but still came in 8th in my age group. Not bad...
I want to do it again but FASTER!

7 comments:
Wow Adriana! How do you do it all?
I would have been so frustrated. 8th is still awesome! Where did you swim? The murky brown water sounds nasty. You look great (as always!) Thanks for your Facebook post. It's too bad you don't live here so we could train together for our half marathons. Are you still planning on the 10K obstacle course next month?
Let me just say that spring valley lake is gross and after swimming in it there is a film that covers your body, then to get on your bike that film is plastered to your body mix it with a little sweat... I have to say my skin feels pretty soft though. haha
CONGRATS!! Way to go!! That is exciting! I wish you lived closer so that I could get motivated by you!!!!
Way to go, Adriana! I have family members who run marathons, and people like them and you keeps me motivated to stay fit. Running a marathon is on my list of things to do before I die, but I think I'll start with a half a marathon. Have you read Finding the Angel Within? It's by an LDS author and she also wrote Running With Angels. She talks about her weight loss journey and how she became a marathon runner. Great story!
Good job! I wish I had your modivation. Do you still live if Cali? I haven't talk to you forever. We could always meet up in Las Vegas. I think that is half way for all of us.
Ashley
That's awesome!!
Mike is doing one at Lake Powell in a few weeks. It's olympic distance. He has a sprint triathlon lined up the begninning of Novemeber and then a half ironman a week later in Vegas. Whew!
That's is sweet you did that!
Post a Comment